Established in 1965, Ski Bartlett is one of the UK's most popular independent ski shops, with over 50 years of experience. We pride ourselves on our high standards, excellent customer service and the quality of our products. Over the years we have expanded our retail space to house a vast selection of ski and snowboard products and our online presents is going from strength to strength.
We are looking to recruit a full-time, team member to join our team of ski and snowboard sales representatives.
• Welcoming customers into the store, starting their customer experience with a smile.
• Gaining an understanding of each customer’s specific needs and wants through conversation and engagement.
• Working passionately as the face of Ski Bartlett and Sputnik. Taking pride in the shop and working with your team to provide an outstanding customer experience.
• Developing and maintaining good product knowledge, utilising our training facilities to learn more about the products we sell.
• Maintaining excellent shop and stockroom standards.
• Communicate with customers on the telephone and via email.
• Place orders with both customers and suppliers.
• Ensure good stock control and standards are kept.
• Assist with mail order processing.
Skills/experience required for the role:
• Good communication skills with a passion for providing excellent customer service.
• Previous experience working in a retail environment.
• A passion for the outdoors.
• Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task.
• Good communication and customer service skills.
• Common sense and the initiative to proactively solve problems.
• Patient and calm when under pressure.
• The ability to always follow through and complete tasks.
• Keen to learn and keep up to date with current trends and technology within the world of skiing and snowboarding.
• Good overall ski and/or snowboard experience.
• Previous experience working in a retail environment with an understanding of till systems.
• Impeccable customer manner, polite and helpful.
• Experience of working with EPOS or other stock control systems.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel.
• Able to work to deadlines and prioritise tasks.
• Be flexible, able to cope under pressure and able to adapt to changing priorities.
• Employee discount after successful completion of probationary period.
• Pension scheme
• Free close by parking
• Casual dress code
If you believe you are the right person for the role, we would love to hear from you.
• Full-time, permanent
• Full-time, winter season (Potential to extend to year round contract)
• Part-time weekends and some additional weekdays
Salary: £18,000.00-£23,000.00 per year based on full time position