Established in 1965, Ski Bartlett is one of the UK's most popular independent ski shops, with over 50 years of experience. We pride ourselves on our high standards, excellent customer service and the quality of our products. Over the years we have expanded our retail space to house a vast selection of ski and snowboard products and our online presents is going from strength to strength.
We are looking to recruit a full-time, long-term team member to join our servicing workshop. To thrive in this role you would need in depth knowledge and experience of ski and snowboard servicing and repairs, and the desire to continuously learn.
• To service and repair customer skis and snowboards.
• Repair work will include replacing edges, patching, repairing delamination’s and anything else required to get them back into tip top condition.
• Preparing race skis before they go out onto the race circuit.
• Servicing and upkeep of the workshop machinery.
• Ordering of spare parts, liaising with our sales team and suppliers to process re-orders.
• Binding mounting using jigs and as we specialise in the more unusual side of skiing also using calculated measurements.
• Ski binding testing.
• You will also be helping to build and maintain our long-term relationships with customers and suppliers to ensure continued sales growth.
Our consumer servicing products are also a big part of our company - you will be trained on all consumer servicing products so you will have the ability to help and advise customers on which ski servicing products are appropriate for them and how to use them. We would also like you to be able to impart your knowledge and give servicing lessons (using hand tools) to our customers.
During the off-season you would also undertake and learn general shop maintenance skills.
Skills/experience required for the role:
• In depth knowledge and experience of ski and snowboard servicing and repairs.
• Good overall ski and/or snowboard experience.
• Be self-sufficient and self-motivated when working on your own.
• Good with your hands and good using tools, practically minded.
• You must have loads of common sense and initiative to proactively solve problems.
• Patient and calm when under pressure.
• Keen to learn and keep up to date with current products within the world of ski, snowboard and skateboard.
• Knowledge and experience of working with Wintersteiger servicing machines.
• A desire to impart your knowledge and expertise to train other team members to build a high-end ski and snowboard servicing workshop.
• Impeccable customer manner, polite and helpful.
• Focused on attention to detail.
• The ability to multitask.
• Always follow through and complete tasks to a time deadline.
• Excellent communication skills - You must be able to respond professionally and friendly to customers - in person, on the phone and on email.
• Employee discount after successful completion of probationary period.
• Pension scheme
• Free close by parking
• Casual dress code
If you believe you are the right person for the role, we would love to hear from you.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £18,000.00-£23,000.00 per year